These are just SOME of the facts.
1. Women make up 51% of America’s population, but only 18.5% of the 2014 US Congress.
2. In regard to women’s representation in national legislatures or parliaments, the US is ranked 69th in the world.
3. Fourteen countries have democratically elected women to lead their governments. None of them are the US.
4. In many of the major corporations in the US today, there is little to no women representation on their boards. In 2013 it was found that, for the eighth year in the row, there was no significant change in this number.
5. In 2011, women directed 5% of the top grossing films in Hollywood. This number has actually decreased since 1998.
6. In the 84 years of the Academy Awards, only four women have been nominated for best director. Only one has ever won.
7. Currently women only hold 2.8% of Fortune 500 CEO roles and 3.3% of Fortune 1000 CEO roles.
To those who believe feminism is “stupid”, “unnecessary” or that women in the US have it better than women in other countries so it “doesn’t even matter”, I hope this makes you think.
I will keep this photo posted for 1 week.
Every time someone Reblogs this photo I will donate 10 cent to charity: water
After the money is donated I will post proof of donation.
Show you care & Reblog.
i really hope this is true
THE BEST FEELINGS IN THE WORLD.
- HOT SHOWERS.
- THE FIRST BITE OF A MEAL WHEN YOU ARE REALLY HUNGRY.
- TIGHT HUGS.
- CRAWLING INTO BED AFTER A LONG DAY.
- FOREHEAD KISSES.
- WAKING UP IN THE MORNING AND ACTUALLY FEELING LIKE YOU HAD ENOUGH SLEEP.
"Let it Go" ft. impersonations of:
- Idina Menzel
- Demi Lovato
- Britney Spears
- Alanis Morissette
- Celine Dion
- Kristen Chenoweth
- Julie Andrews
- Babra Streisand
- Christina Aguilera
- Kelly Clarkson
- Liza Minnelli
I absolutely lost it at Chenoweth.
The Julie Andrews one killed me.
yo gettin married at 22 sounds a lot like leavin a party at 9:30 pm
yeah but you get to leave the party with your favorite person on the planet, and take off all of your makeup, and put on your ugly comfortable clothes and make popcorn and curl up in your bed and watch a movie, and have sex and go to sleep, idk how that sounds like a bad thing.
And everyone else just wakes up alone and hungover.
this is the best thing ive ever heard
OKAY OKAY OKAY I KNOW THERE ARE SO MANY FANDOMS STARTING NOW, LIKE THE SINK FANDOM AND THE TREEHOUSE FANDOM AND THE BLANKET FORT FANDOM, BUT YOU ARE ALL MISSING ONE.
BUT THEY AREN’T LIMITED TO INSIDE THE HOME
THERE ARE SECRET ROOMS FOR CARS
YOU EITHER LIKE SECRET ROOMS
OR YOU’RE WRONGAND MY WALK-IN CLOSET HAS JUST FOUND A NEW PURPOSE.
PEOPLE ARE SO CUTE WHEN THEY FIRST WAKE UP like it doesn’t matter if they’re cranky or disoriented or still half-asleep and their hair is a mess fuck it doesn’t even matter if they drooled in their sleep or have ink smudged on their face from something they wrote on their hand they are CUTE all those things are CUTE
do you ever have imaginary/potential conversations with people in your head but then catch yourself accidentally mouthing the words out or making faces that would go along with your reactions in the conversation
ALL THE TIME I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE